Python vs. Aqueon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am at the point where I'm ready to spend the money on a siphon and the two most prevelant ones seem to be from Python and Aqueon. Does anyone have any experience with either? I also heard that WalMart sells one. Thanks

I purchased a python at the beginning of the year, and love it. However, when I went to purchase replacement parts, I was told they were going out of business.

I tried to confirm, but was unable to. So, before you purchase, you may want to research this.

I am thinking Aqueon. I have tried calling Python because I don't live too far from them, I was thinking factory discount. I was told once by a person and once by a recording that they are going through some corporate restructuring. I liked the python because it seemed like the hose was flexible.

vs water hose? i use a water hose... and its a lot cheaper and more durable. just need a simple adapter from lowes or home depot to screw on your faucet to go from the aerater threads to 3/4" garden hose threads (about $.50). Total spent... about $10... and that's for a 50' hose :)

mfdrookie516 said:
vs water hose? i use a water hose... and its a lot cheaper and more durable. just need a simple adapter from lowes or home depot to screw on your faucet to go from the aerater threads to 3/4" garden hose threads (about $.50). Total spent... about $10... and that's for a 50' hose :)

I talked to someone and it sounded like a pain. I'd rather go DIY, can you point me in the right direction for instructions?

mfdrookie516 said:

Can you point me in the right direction for instructions?

For siphoning, either a bathtub, window, or back yard work well... that way, you don't waste water while draining the tank... saves a lot of cash... and you can water the yard as you do it :) In the winter, I just stick the hose in the bathtub.

Back
Top Bottom