Python wasteful?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just stopped taking showers to make up for it. My fish are worth it.

...I didn't say that out loud, did I?

depending on were you live.. you are alocated a certian minumum amount of water before your water bill increases.. (I have yet to use enough water in my house to go over the miniumum as of yet).. so if it's the bill your worried about I wouldnt..
If its the enviroment your worried about... uhhhh desposing of NO3 into the sewer system should also be a consern of yours and you should be upgrading your filtration to include plant biomass instead of bacteria.. just my oppionion there..
all and all... the python shouldnt be the top of conserns as I see it.. :?

Well, yeah, you're all right. I guess when you think of it as taking an extra shower it doesn't look that wasteful anymore - and I still do take showers :mrgreen: .

@greenmaji: I was actually more concerned with the environment than the bill.

And so I went out today and bought one, first thing to try tomorrow...

bosk1 said:

That's OK...I started taking baths in the water that I remove from my tanks. :lach:

QTOFFER said:
bosk1 said:

That's OK...I started taking baths in the water that I remove from my tanks. :lach:

8O 8O LOL..

I dont think you will regret using the python as it is intended.. they do save ALOT of backache if you do large or frequent water changes (and its always good to be able to do large frequent water changes if ever the need arives)
Good luck Tiffi.. :D

I've tried it today and was blown away! Absoulutely easy, I can even do aquascaping while changing water and I can hae a slow flow of water when I turn of the faucet it will still drain. So no waste neither - perfect!!!!

And sooooooooooooo much easier 8O !

I can use all the water I want and my rent amount stays the same. It pays sometimes to rent an apartment 8)

I'll never go back to Bucket/hose since getting my Python.

I guess it depends on the utility prices in your area, but for me wasting a few gallons of water doesn't amount to much $$$. It cost an extra $18 the month that I filled my 18,000 gallon swimming pool (and that was including the sewage fee), so I doubt I would even notice a change in my bill with a Python.

Back
Top Bottom