pythons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbneedshelp

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was wondering what would be a good python for a larger tank? i have heard of the ones that you hook up to the tap, what would be the name of those?

Yah. It's called a Python. You can find them most anywhere. I know Wal-Mart has it for around $19 if I'm thinking right. But well worth the money for the ease.

Yep, they're pretty handy--I have one (which I was able to use at my old house when I had 7 tanks set up). I moved about a year and a half ago, only to find out recently (when I set my first tank up in my new house) that our faucet is ghetto & won't allow for the Python... Grr.

I ended up filling 30 gallons by filling my syphoning tube in a U-shape and pouring it in the tank individually--only took about 3 hours :) (No, I never considered filling a bucket in my bathtub & pouring it in :p.)

I love my new python. When I thought for a second it wouldn't fit on my faucet (when it was on the way in the mail), I was considering getting a new faucet :) Now that I have it I look forward to doing water changes.

I just use the standard Python with a 50 foot hose. The best $40 time saving investment I've made.

I do a weekly water change to 3 tanks: A 90 Gallon, a 20 Gallon and a 3 gallon.

From attaching it to the sink to completed and coiled up....only 30 minutes. Has made a me a weekly water changer now. The 5 gallon "Lobster Pot" method got real old when I got the 90 Gallon. I will even use it for the "draining" aspect of the soon to be in existance 40 Gallon Breeder Marine tank.

The only downside is that I have had to purchase a new Faucet Pump (I was a little to rough with it, and a new gravel tube (as a cracked my other one on the door frame). I HIGHLY recommened the "snap connector" option. Make attaching to the faucet much easier..and less chance to break the faucet pump.

Check out the Original Python website:

http://www.pythonproducts.com/

I never did it any other way and unless we can figure out how to teleport water from the tank to the sink (w/ all the poopies) I won't ever do it any other way either.

Water changes are a breeze.

-Dan

You can get adapters at the hardware store so that it will fit virtually any threaded spigot. I recommend using brass, as the plastic threaded adapter that comes with the Python does not last too terribly long, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom