Quandary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angry the Clown

Aquarium Advice Activist
My sister told me late last night that she wants me to take her 54 gallon bow front corner tank, complete with internal overflow, sump, beautiful stand, pump, filters, heater... basically the whole kit & caboodle for free. The whole thing is in great shape, and she had it set up as a salt tank. Since moving in to their new house, they have no suitable corners to set the tank up in.

My quandry... neither do I! :x 8O :evil:

Well, I do have one spot, but it would be in a corner next to an East facing window, and the whole setup would be between the downstairs entertainment center and fireplace, and would be on carpet.

So what would AA folks do?

1. Pass on the tank
2. Take the tank and put it next to the window
3. Take the tank and post it for sale on Craigslist
4. Take the tank and post a trade offer on Craigslist

I also fail to see a problem. :) You are asking the wrong people.

Surely there's some furniture you could rearrange to fit it in?

Sounds to me like you need to section out a corner wall somewhere in your house and make that built-in tank you know you want...

Don't listen to these guys.

What you need to do is take the tank, pack it in your car/van/truck, whatever, and take a vacation in the DC area. When you arrive, call me and I'll come pick it up. You don't need the hassle of a new tank, let me help you out by taking it off your hands

neilanh came very close to providing you with the correct advice but there is a slight error. The location mentioned is completely wrong. The actual location is NYC. This is your chance to get to see the country as you make your way east. Heck, if you make it here by next week, I'll even take you on a tour of the city...no charge! LOL.

Seriously though, it does sound like you have the room, just shove some stuff aside and get some dark window shades. No problem.

When there's a will there's a way! If it were me, I'd take the tank and make it work! :)

Actually, you need to take it to Florida. It is time for a Disney vacation anyway. I'll meet you at the park.

a

Shame on you all, trying to get that poor guy to drive all that way to deliver a free tank to you!!! All ya gots to do, um Angry, is amble on over to Dallas & drop it off at my g/f's parents. It will get a good home soon enough. At an orphanage. Or someplace. :D

Seriously, you are asking the wrong folks about squeezing in another tank. *sigh* If you really, honestly, absolutely cannot find a home for it ...... take it anyway!!!!!! You can always sell it & take her to dinner.

Me?? I would MAKE room for it. I ain't no heathen!!!!!

Good luck with it!

Ok seriously now.
Even if you can't find a place for it right away, take it and hang on to it until you can. It sounds like a nice setup.

well in a predicament liek that theres only one true logical thing to do, build an octagon shaped room on so you can buy more corner tanks lol lol

you know, i had a dilemna similar to this. I wanted another 125. I vowed id take down 4 tanks when i set it up. Instead i set up another one seperate of the new 125. oy! i moved around my entire house for it! My theory is, you can never have enough tanks. Well. you can, just, well, you know. go for it!

Update:

Over drinks last night, my wife convinced me to take the tank. So in the coming weeks, I will have a new tank to setup, and I think the wife wants it to be salt, so I have a lot of reading to do before it is anywhere near ready for fish. Maybe if I get my camera back from repair, I will document the whole process.

Thanks for all your feedback, if any of you lived closer, I would have given it one of the many folks who were asking for it! But... my wife has the last word here! :):)

taking advantage of you while under the influence???? shame on her...LOL

Congrats, IMO there is no reason not to get a free tank. Furniture can be quite optional. I once almost got rid of my kitchen table for a 75 gal. :) I bought a bigger house.

Over drinks last night, my wife convinced me to take the tank.

You are all missing the awe inspiring orchestration going on here. Angry the clown should have his image cast in bronze for all to admire. "my wife convinced me to take the tank" She never had a chance! I have tried for years now to learn this technique... I bow to the master!

Back
Top Bottom