Quarantine tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

critter333294

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had to quarantine a diseased fish about 2 months ago, and never took the time to disinfect it. It and the equipment I used have just been sitting in my basement. I'm going to need to use it soon and was wondering how much cleaning needs to be done since its been dry for two months.

I would give it a light bleach rinse and dechlorinate it to be safe. It is highly unlikely that there is any disease left in it after 2 months mind you.

Zagz said:
I would give it a light bleach rinse and dechlorinate it to be safe. It is highly unlikely that there is any disease left in it after 2 months mind you.

How much bleach would you say?

10% bleach, 90% water. Rinse rinse and rinse then run dechlorinator in the last rinse that you do. It is precautionary only as I said, it is highly unlikely that any disease could survive that long.

You don't have to fill the tank with that mixture though. You could just make a cup or two so and wipe all the glass down...that will make the dechlorinating step easier.

Back
Top Bottom