Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cathy B

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a new 29 gallon freshwater tank. It has cycled. I've made the mistake of listening to the the employees of the store i bought them in and do not trust them anymore.

I have right now the following:
http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/#3 Black Widow Tetra
2 Albino Cory
2 Angel Fish
2 Red-Tailed Black Shark-yes I now know I shouldn't have 2 right now they are "playing nice"
1 Blue skirt tetra
1 Green skirt tetra
1 pink skirt tetra

I would like to add a guppy or two. Would that be too many fish?

Your "Community" Tank

I have a new 29 gallon freshwater tank. It has cycled. I've made the mistake of listening to the the employees of the store i bought them in and do not trust them anymore.

I have right now the following:
3 Black Widow Tetra
2 Albino Cory
2 Angel Fish
2 Red-Tailed Black Shark-yes I now know I shouldn't have 2 right now they are "playing nice"
1 Blue skirt tetra
1 Green skirt tetra
1 pink skirt tetra

I would like to add a guppy or two. Would that be too many fish?

Hello C...

Welcome the AA forum. Fancy Guppies are best kept with other Guppies in a "Species" tank or with Corydoras. The reason is that most other fish will make a target of the Guppies long and colorful fins. Female Fancy Guppies would work for a while, but then they tend to produce fry every month or so.

The best tankmates would be Zebra Danios or if you want "Livebearers", then get some Platys.

B

Back
Top Bottom