Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-20-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Question

If I put a suction cup further up my tank and put my plants in it/them will that be okay, or will they die, I've got a few guppies that I think are pregnant so I wanted to take the plants higher where the cleaning crew won't get the eggs

Old 03-20-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Depends what kind of plant; if they are heavy root feeders then they won't be happy. Guppies are live-bearers, meaning they give birth to live young, not eggs. Snails won't be able to eat the babies but the parents will!

Old 03-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I've not got snails, in my tank Of which the pregnant guppies are in there is, a pleco, zebra loach, Cory cat, 4 neon tetras and three other pregnant guppies, the plants are not heavy root feeders
Old 03-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh sorry, my brain must have auto corrected clean up crew to snails! But to answer your original question if the plants feed from the water column then moving them up with suction cups should be fine. I used to keep an anubias and anacharis anchored to the glass with suction cups. Guppy parents will still eat babies though, but with the plants some may make it.

Tags
question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com