Question about adding fish to planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wtayjay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, I've got a question for ya. I have a freshly cycled, heavily planted 29 gallon. I am determined to put some Celestial Pearl Danios in there, but it looks like the only way I'm going to be able to get those is online. I figure it's probably safe to add 2 or 3 at a time, but I was wondering if it's possible to add 6 (since they're so small)? I would rather not have to pay for shipping live fish twice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

keeping Danios

Hey all, I've got a question for ya. I have a freshly cycled, heavily planted 29 gallon. I am determined to put some Celestial Pearl Danios in there, but it looks like the only way I'm going to be able to get those is online. I figure it's probably safe to add 2 or 3 at a time, but I was wondering if it's possible to add 6 (since they're so small)? I would rather not have to pay for shipping live fish twice. Thanks!

Hello wtay...

Danios are shoaling fish, so you'll need more than 2 or 3 together. I keep Rosey Danios and started with 8 in a 20 gallon tank. These guys are extremely active and shy. I heavily planted the surface with floating plants too. Hornwort is about the best. Pond weed (Anacharis) is a close second.

The fish is hardy, but I wouldn't go too long between water changes. I change half every week, to maintain a constant water chemistry.

Check your local Petco. They'll likely carry Pearls or can get them for you.

B

If all your parameters are reading ok, should be fine they only get to about an inch, they are beautiful fish.........

Go ahead and add all of them at once! If your still a little nervous you could do a drip acclimation instead of just floating the bags

Hello wtay...

Danios are shoaling fish, so you'll need more than 2 or 3 together. I keep Rosey Danios and started with 8 in a 20 gallon tank. These guys are extremely active and shy. I heavily planted the surface with floating plants too. Hornwort is about the best. Pond weed (Anacharis) is a close second.

The fish is hardy, but I wouldn't go too long between water changes. I change half every week, to maintain a constant water chemistry.

Check your local Petco. They'll likely carry Pearls or can get them for you.

B

I plan to eventually have 8-10. Have checked both my petcos and my LFS. No one has them :(

Back
Top Bottom