Question about Pregnant Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there any signs I should be seeing for when she's ready to drop? She's like 2 or 3 months pregnant and she's swimming around with her fins clamped but she's eating....

And just noticing this now, both my dalmatian mollies that are pregnant are like... knocking their body against my acryllic mermaid wanted sign ._. but only do it slightly and then stop. Only seen them do it once...

And just noticing this now, both my dalmatian mollies that are pregnant are like... knocking their body against my acryllic mermaid wanted sign ._. but only do it slightly and then stop. Only seen them do it once...

Keep watching for this action. It could be a sign of ich.

To the best of my knowledge, clamped fins aren't really a 'side-effect' of pregnancy. When she is ready to drop, she'll get really big...and that's about it. You should see a noticeably dark gravid spot on her as well (if she is lighter colored). 3 months is a bit long for a pregnancy...are you sure they aren't just...constipated?

Devilishturtles said:

Keep watching for this action. It could be a sign of ich.

I haven't seent hem do it anymore.... they just....smacked their head against the mermaid thing, once to the rocks, then just stopped. o.o maybe they have a headache! lol
Devilishturtles said:
You should see a noticeably dark gravid spot on her as well (if she is lighter colored). 3 months is a bit long for a pregnancy...are you sure they aren't just...constipated?

She's almost completely black >_< and I'm sure cuz she eats and craps and I saw her being bred every morning when I got up for school before I pulled the males out and her stomach is big and has been square for a while, but I used to have her in a breeding cage which didn't help any and she often escaped that...then I had to move my females because they were antagonizing a new addition to my tank, which they aren't now so I put them back. She might just be holding them or something ._.

Back
Top Bottom