Question about quarantining betta with possible fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

light_angel_7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought my very first fish (betta fish) on wednesday and noticed that his fins were looking a bit shredded and i'm afraid that he has fin rot.

I bought a 1.5 gallon aquarium to quarantine him as well as API aquarium salt, bettafix, and API T.C. Tetracycline.

He's currently in a 10 gallon aquarium that is cycled.

1.Do I need to put some of the aquarium water from the 10 gallon into the other aquarium or will putting clean tap water be good.

2.What's the best way to get him to one tank to the next.

3.What is the appropriate temp for a quarantined betta with fin rot?

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. I already tried the unhealthy fish section and couldn't get a response. Here is the post which includes the pictures of the betta.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/does-my-beta-have-fin-rot-278740.html

I can't see any whitening around the edges of his fins so I don't think it's fin rot. Also, if he's the only fish in the tank then I don't think it worth stressing him out with another move so soon. The main reason to q a fish is to stop the spread of an infection to the already established tank inhabitants :)

your suppose to quarantine BEFORE you put into your tank. if you added the fish allready and hes sick you might as well treat the whole tank

Back
Top Bottom