Question about rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have 1 turquoise rainbow, my lfs just got in boesemani rainbows, something red something rainbows but they're still in quarantine so I won't be able to get any until Tuesday, what my question is do I have to get 4 specific rainbows like per say I have one turquoise... do I have to get 3 more turquoise and then 4 of the other or will they be fine together if I get another turquoise or 2 and a few boesemani or the red ones I haven't seen them yet so I don't know what they look like but I know The boesemani Rainbows are really pretty.

I don't know the answer to your question but I'm wondering how big your tank is. I ask because I have 3 in my 55 gallon tank and they are beautiful but boisterous and dart around eating all the food at feeding time.

They are schooling fish, if I had a big enough tank I would love to have 8 of them.

I have a 55 gallon as well I will have 4-5 I have extreme filtration and they won't over crowd or over stock my tank, if they do it won't be by much but I know what to do with an over stocked tank

Sounds good, I have 4 pearl gourami in mine and they are slower and don't care for the faster swimmers. Send pictures when you get them. [emoji4]

Hmmm have to fix the pic as it does not make sense

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161204-104454.jpg
    Screenshot_20161204-104454.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
So from what I'm understanding is I have to have 5 of each, I can't do 3/3 I'm starting to think aqadvisor is bs 81% stocked with 18 fish that I added to complete my stock , I did this with what I want to add not what I have in the tank atm, making schools, and adding the boesemani rainbow and getting more turquoise 1480866882222.jpg

I've kept rainbows, and I've mixed red irians, boesemanis, banded and turquoise. All the different varieties tend to school together as long as they are about the same size. I currently have 1 turquoise and 3 boesemanis in my 55, they seem happy and healthy. They are fast swimmers, and tend to get boisterous at feeding as mentioned, but they don't bully the other species even during feeding. I know "ideally" you should have 5 per type, but I have not had a problem with mixing the varieties.

Back
Top Bottom