Question about raising kh level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pH controller is still set to 6.8? It's calibrated? Doubling to tripling bps with only a small increase in dissolved CO2 suggests the reactor is the problem. Since adjustments on the current one doesn't significantly increase efficiency, I think you should build a quick and dirty gravel vac type to compare, fwiw.

czcz said:
pH controller is still set to 6.8? It's calibrated? Doubling to tripling bps with only a small increase in dissolved CO2 suggests the reactor is the problem. Since adjustments on the current one doesn't significantly increase efficiency, I think you should build a quick and dirty gravel vac type to compare, fwiw.

pH controller is set at 6.8.
It is calibrated.
I'm going to add another reactor, I don't think this one alone can handle 90 gal.

Thx,

Dave

9/11/05
added another basket of cc to my fluval.
ph 7.4 during the day, 7.2 at night
6dkh
ates 10 ppm

I'm adding 1/3 tsp of baking soda every other day along with Flourish.
I still don't have another reactor yet.

Dave

malkore said:
Ways to increase kH:
. Adding sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). One teaspoon of baking soda added to 50 liters of water can raise the kH of the water by approx 4 OdH without a major affect on pH.

So, 50 liters is 13. 2 gals.
My tank is 90 gals or 340.6 liters.
So to raise my kh 4 degrees, I should add 1 tsp of baking soda per 13.2 gals which is 6.82 tsp.

That sounds like a lot !

dave

Back
Top Bottom