question about stock and compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamiskool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok so i have a 55g tank and was planning on only getting about 9 tiger barbs and a rainbow shark, but after looking at a few roseline sharks I now want to get 1 rainbow shark, 7 tiger barbs (maybe 6) and 5 roseline shark. was wondering if this was a good combination and compatibility.

I don't think the rainbow shark would like the roselines too much. That's a dangerous mix.

from what i understand roseline sharks are more like barbs then sharks, thats why i thought they would go fine with the rainbow

from what i understand roseline sharks are more like barbs then sharks, thats why i thought they would go fine with the rainbow
as long as they dont look like the shark theer fine

ok so i have a 55g tank and was planning on only getting about 9 tiger barbs and a rainbow shark, but after looking at a few roseline sharks I now want to get 1 rainbow shark, 7 tiger barbs (maybe 6) and 5 roseline shark. was wondering if this was a good combination and compatibility.

I think your fine IMO, I have 3 Roseline sharks ..aka... Denison Barbs and my red-tail doesn't even notice them. In a 55 gal consider starting with juveniles, Denison Barbs get up to 6 inches long ... so you may want to start with 3 ... then gradually increase to 5.

I think your stock of 6 - 7 TigerBarbs, one Rainbow and 3-5 Denison Barbs is fine. They are gorgeous Barbs and will fit in fine with the rainbow and TigerBarbs.

Yes, roseline sharks are barbs. Their shape and size is similar to a rainbow shark and hence it would probably be aggresive towards them. My rainbow shark is very mellow but does get aggresive to other fish of similar size. It may work but I wouldn't try it w/o a back up plan.

thanks for the help, i think ill start by putting the rainbow shark in first and let itself get established, i have a lot of hiding places for it i think so i think it wont be to aggressive, was mostly working about overstocking and water parameters

thanks for the help, i think ill start by putting the rainbow shark in first and let itself get established, i have a lot of hiding places for it i think so i think it wont be to aggressive, was mostly working about overstocking and water parameters
ive heard your supposed to add the shrak last so it doesnt claim the whole tank as its territory

I would do the exact opposite...rainbow sharks are very territorial..IF you want to avoid re-arranging your tank that is. Whenever adding new fish that my shark has had issues with I've had to completely re-arrange the tank to sort of wipe the slate clear and that way the shark has to re-establish his territories.

Back
Top Bottom