Question about Tank Buddies Algae Remover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ManannanMacLir

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today I put five tablets of Tank Buddies Algae Remover in my fifty gallon tank after doing a water change. I have the filter running without any charcoal in it, just as the directions advise. I was wondering how long I should run the filter this way without charcoal. There also seems to be bubbles forming over the biowheels--is this due to the chemicals in the algae remover? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Running with the charcoal filter in is not a necessity, but it does get rid of some of the smell in a tank and makes things more clear. Rather than worrying about just removal of algae, perhaps looking at preventing it is a good idea too.

You might want to try to reduce the amount of light the tank is getting, and algae is often a sign of overfeeding. Try to cut back on feedings.

You can also search "blackout" in the forums. Basically covering the tank from any light and not feeding for a few days does away with the algae, but it's a drastic measure. Try to reduce lighting by closing blinds and cutting back on feeding first.

Back
Top Bottom