Question for Peacock Gudgeon owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
How many owners have had luck in getting their Peacock Gudgeons to eat flake, pellets and/or frozen foods? I am very interested in getting a few, but am finding mixed comments online. I did have one for a while. I had her for a few months, and she died for no apparent reason. Didn't stop eating until only a couple of days before she died. I really, really liked this fish! She had the personality of a female betta. So personable, and gentle. She did eat just about anything I offered her. I just don't want to get some, and have them refuse to eat anything but live food. I have several different flakes and pellets in addition to frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, krill, beefheart, daphnia, tubifex, Emerald Entree. So quite a variety. I just don't want to have to feed live food. Should I take the chance that I can get them to eat something that is not live?

Lilme, I've read that one alone is alright. They aren't schooling fish. And thank you for the answers, GouramiLover and Jetajockey! I'm getting excited about getting some now! I just hope I can keep these alive.

Never had an issue feeding them flakes, pellets were sometimes a hassle but they readily accepted flake, shrimps, bloodworms etc......
If you're planning on trying your hand on breeding then they'll need meaty foods and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's why I probably won't try breeding them. If I did, they'd have their own tank. I don't want them getting mean with other fish. I'll post pics when I receive mine. Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom