Question on a 33 gallon long tank ..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is the same dimensions as a 55 gallon only that it's 8 inches shorter. I plan on this being a cory only tank. With that being said could I stock as if it's a 55 since it's the same footprint as a 55 or do I need to really consider that it's only a 33 gallon and stock according to that? Also of note again, their won't be much bioload as this would be a "cory only" aquarium.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Actually a 33 gallon has the same footprint of a 50 gallon the 50 gallon is just taller.A 55 gallon is at least a foot bigger than the 33 im not sure on exact measurements. If you want to know exact measurements just type in on google fish tank dimensions and there should be a page that tells you the dimensions of every fish tank.

You're wrong my friend. It's the same as a 55, except shorter. Believe me I've been after this tank for years. Very hard to find. Go to glasscages.com and you'll see the dimensions.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

oh yeah your right i was thinking of a 30 breeder not long. Sorry for the wrong info. Also to answer your question you probably could stock it as a 55 since cories are pretty much always on the bottom, except when they dart to the surface really quick for a second to get a gasp of air,so they wont use the top part of the tank at all pretty much.

Yes its a 33B its 48" x 12". My lfs just got these in. Cool tank.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Where did you find this tank? Pet chain store?
This is a real nice size, love the shallow long tanks.

Where did you find this tank? Pet chain store?
This is a real nice size, love the shallow long tanks.

Where are you at? If in the Chicago area I know where they are for $59

No private owned. It is an agueon tank though

Back
Top Bottom