Question on a clown loach and aggressiveness.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e burna

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a clown loach in an otherwise peaceful community aquarium. I bought him simply to get rid of snails. I got him small, and was told by the local store they would trade him in as he grew for another small one, so I didn't mind that they get bigger. I've had him for maybe 3 months or so, and lately (the past week I'd say) he has become more aggressive. I put enough shrimp tablets in the tank to feed him as well as the 6 cory's I have, but he has been going from tablet to tablet occasionally trying to chase them off. Also, I've been feeding the mid-level fish I have (6 neon's and 4 rasbora tetras) the flake food first as I turn off my bubbler for them to eat, and he has been swimming up the tank and actually chasing neons around over food. Any suggestions? Is this normal?

How big is your tank? It is possible that he is getting growly from what he feels is a lack of space/territory...as well, clown loaches are a schooling fish, so having just one (instead of a minimal school of about 5) can affect his behaviour and cause him to act atypically.

Back
Top Bottom