Question on a filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scoobydoo11693

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I just got a 20 gallon tank and the filter I have on it is a fluval aquaclear 30. I have been on AQadvisor working out the stocking. So far I have 4 albino cories, 10 glofish danios, 6 glo fish tetras, and a few shrimp. The stocking level is at 90 but the filtration is at 77%. I really don't have much money to blow on a filter, would I be able to get away with what I have along if I get all the fish? I do have the air bubbles on for a few hours daily but not sure if they help much. Also, I have 6 glo fish danios so far. 2 green ones are constantly chasing a yellow one. Do they need to school with the same specific color? or will a mix of colors school together? Thank you!

Last edited:
It will be just fine to go with your original stocking idea while keeping your filtration the way it is. The aq advisor filtration estimator is a novelty at best.

I think you don't have to change the filter, just keep regular weekly water change and all should be fine.

You should be fine with that stocking. Air bubbles won't do much for filtration, but you could replace the bubbler with a sponge filter. The added benefit is you'll have a seeded filter when MTS kicks in and you get your next tank.

Back
Top Bottom