question on dwarf gourami and 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
8 zebra danios, 6 peppered corys, 3 dwarf frogs and bristlenose cat..probably get 4 more zebras, also have a new golden killie that im getting rid of as i dont want to lose my danios...how are the dwarf gouramis? unfortuntaly the only fish shops around me are petsmart and petco. i hear they can have diseases and are tough to keep alive???? should i get one or two? im looking for a nice showcase fish.. will they be compatable with the fish i have? will the danios drive them nuts? im looking for a nice colorful showcase fish..i was gonna get more schooling fish but my danios are nuts and all over the tank, lol.. and i love danios so probably get a few more of them as my schooling fish...thanks

I have a DG in my 29 Gallon. Alot of them now are weak because of Inbreeding. I made sure to get mine from a tank with few other DG's, and he was the most active one. Hes pretty active in my tank, and I've had to add more Driftwood to my tank because hes constantly chasing after my Blue Rams.

I've heard some can be very docile, while others can be very aggressive. Really depends on what you get, and you likely wont know for a few weeks after they've been added to your tank.

If you do get a DG, get just one. Your tank is not large enough to house multiples without serious issues.

I had a tank with 3 male dwarf gouramis and no females. I didn't want the females because they didn't look as good. Well, they ended up trying to kill each other but I don't remember them ever going after a different kind of fish. I think if you just had one dwarf or a good female to male ratio of them they would be fine.

Well he likely goes after my Rams because theres no other DG's in the tank, so i guess he just has to let him aggression out on something. I'm sure if I added another DG, he'll ignore my Rams and focus on trying to kill the other DG.

Back
Top Bottom