question on floating white particles...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ae123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone.

My problem is that whenever I feed my fish in my 55 gallon----
--1male molly
--3female mollies
--2 female platys
--1 pleco(in process of identifying specific type)
--30 or 40 molly fry(ages 1wk to 3wks)
----white particles get stirred up and begin to float around. it's not dirt. i think it's fungus. i had been treating my tank for about two weeks with kordon rid ich plus, which stopped 4 days ago. rid ich plus is malachite green/formalin combination treatment for ich(which my pleco had displayed white spot symptoms of, before i began treatment, on two occassions--two to three teaspoons of salt and it fell away. i decided that since the ich could still be there, i would treat my tank for that. also, my mollies had been displaying small white patches on their bodies which i guessed(right or wrong)was either true fungus or cotton wool. the treatment thinned out the white particles floating around during feeding and cleaning but did not eliminate them altogether. the fish have displayed healthy behavior and no new external symptoms. my parameters should be meeting the needs of the fish i have very well, and i think they are.

should i worry about ridding the tank of the floating white particles and could they be the cotton wool bacteria that i did not treat for with the rid ich plus?

thanks for your time.

Back
Top Bottom