Question on Heater for 40g long.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flash081

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now I have 1 heater in the back of the tank right in the middle. It's made for a 50g tank.

I'm not sure if the heater is making sure the water is warm enough on the far ends of the tank.

Should I invest in another heater and put them on each side of the glass as opposed to the back-middle or is the one going to be enough?

Flash081 said:
Right now I have 1 heater in the back of the tank right in the middle. It's made for a 50g tank.

I'm not sure if the heater is making sure the water is warm enough on the far ends of the tank.

Should I invest in another heater and put them on each side of the glass as opposed to the back-middle or is the one going to be enough?

I have 2 heaters in all my larger tanks ... It's always a good idea :) make sue u put it close to some kind of current where it can carry the warm water quicker ....

It's not a bad idea to have one on each end, but if the difference is only a degree or two from each end I wouldn't worry about it. You could just put a thermometer in and check.

Another thing I've done is put the heater in the path of the filter output.

Back
Top Bottom