Question on Julii Cory Cats..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I came home today and saw something I've never seen done before. 2 of my cories are doing something I think is interesting. One is swimming right-side up and the other is up-side down, and looks like they are kissing, lol. Then they would go around swimming properly, then would do it again. Any thoughts as to what they are doing? lol.

My albino and green cories do that...and they constantly rub each other when they swim o_O I wanna know too...

I actually think it is a dominance thing. Mine do it also, especially the adult left with babies. He will rub over them and kind of put them in their place if they get too pushy. He always swims over them when they turn over. It also appears that he has established the pecking order because if he goes to the pellets or sinking wafer, the others kind of wait their turn. The smallest, I think it is a miniature really has to be fed by itself once in a while as he is always pushed out from the food and never pushed his way in. He is half the size of his siblings from the same batches. The adult really isn't much bigger than the babies now so I might see a change in the pecking order in the next couple months.

I have seen it in the other tank with the adults but it always a different one on top and no real order has been set in there because they are different species and about the same size.

Unless they learned something from dolphins and do it for "fun".

Yeah but mine don't do it alot...it's more they swim RIGHT next to each other and like "groom" each other or somethin ._. lol

Back
Top Bottom