Question on Moving Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, am still looking for ways to move our fish (freshwater in a 65 gal. aquarium). I really appreciate all the responses and advice that I've received so far, but was wondering if anyone knew of a company that moved/transported fish. It would be from Arkansas to Wisconsin. Thanks again for your help.

Anxiously awaiting your responses!

Deb

IM unaware of any national company that has compency in moving fish and tanks.

The best thing I can suggest would be looking over the moving article we have in our articles area. Its suggested that the tank be the last thing you take down and the first thing you setup. Keep the fish in buckets in the cab of the moving truck with you or in your car so you can monitor the water temperature and keep the water somewhat warm as compaired to being in the back of the moving trailer.

Thanks

Thanks for your help. I agree, probably the safest way to move them is to do it ourselves. I'll check out the articles and local pet store for some containers. Amazing, I didn't know you could get attached to fish! Didn't know they had such distinct personailities.

Again, thanks

Debbie

I moved from Virginia to South Florida with my fish in Igloo coolers, years ago. I was young and did not even realize I should be worried about the fish. (Ignorance IS bliss!) The thing that worried me at the time was the sloshing around, but that actually worked in my favor by keeping the water aerated. They survived the trip no problem, and lived another 9 years in my tanks in Florida (gotta love those goldfish). Now we have BioSpira to set up the tank once we get where we are going, and don't have to sweat over keeping the biofilter alive.

Good luck, and though I think it will work out for you, I don't envy you!

Back
Top Bottom