questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquariumkeeper

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was wondering if corydoras and ghost shrimp prefer slightly acidic like 6.5 or more in between like my tank (7.5).

And what test kits for freshwater should i get??????

also will ghost shrimp be fine with flaked food, algae wafers and shrimp pellets ???
i read up that they can eat bogwood is that true???!!!!!

everything appreciated:)

IME, corys are pretty easy-going about ph. Most fish are. As long as your ph is stable, most fish will adapt just fine as long as they are properly acclimated.
API master test kit is my favorite. Stay away from test strips. They are not accurate.
Ghost shrimp should be fine with those food choices.

I agree with the above poster. My corys and ghosties have a pH of 6.6 and they do wonderfully. It's all in the acclimation. Most fish can adapt easily to pH changes as long as they are done gradually. My lfs has the same pH as I do, so I don't worry too much about it.

Both species are scavengers. I don't put in special food for them as they eat whatever's on the bottom of the tank.

And heck yeah, API master kit all the way!

do shrimp eat amazon swordtails (the plant) when its alive??
and thanxs for answering so quickly:)

I have an amazon sword plant and my ghost have never bothered it. I think that it'd do perfectly fine. Oh and yay cories!

My shrimp and corys have never eaten my plants. The ghost shrimp will, however, snag a slow small fish and consume it.

Glofish are too fast for a shrimp to catch them IMO. I think you'd be fine:) What type of cories do you have/getting?

I think there's a slight possibility. Glofish are pretty small. But if they stay above the bottom level, it wouldn't happen. Mine ate a young black moscow guppy. Expensive taste, that ghostie..... :rolleyes:

what about platys will they bother gs?
Thank you so much guys for all of ur advice :)

In my experience, ghost shrimp will attack and attempt to consume any fish they can catch.

They are peaceful..... they are wonderful community tank mates. They just like fast food...... :D

They don't care for Mickey D's, but like Mickey Mouse Platies...... :ROFLMAO:

sorry, couldn't resist..... :hide:

Back
Top Bottom