questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok can or should i put salt in with
mollys
platys
pleco
guppys
cory cats
angel or dwarf gourami need 2 no witch is best
a pair of 1 of these loach clown loach kuhlie loach or dojo loach :thanks:
guppy grass maybe a sword or somthing like that :thanks:
29 gallon

ok i was asking be cuz mollys need it to stay helthy how true is that

Mollies don't actually "need" it. They can survive it. Freshwater is exactly the same as full salt health wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Salt and Angel fish

Plecos, and Corys are sensitive to salt. I would not intentionally put salt in their tank.

As far as angel fish and dwarf gouramis - unless you have a good sized tank, go with the gouramis. First, they remain a smaller size and secondly, while the bioload is less just due to size, it is also less due to the fact gouramis breathe air from the top of the tank instead of getting all their air through gills.

You still are going to need a decent sized tank for the plecos.

thank any idia on angle or dwarf or both and wat loach
i plan
3 bloon mollys maybe 2 regulars 2
4-6 platys
6-8 guppys
1 pleco
6-8 corys

im upgrading in about 6 months to a year to 50= gallons so pleco will be alright

and witch loact a pair or trio of 1 of these loach clown loach kuhlie loach or dojo loach

Potential fish breeder?

If I were attempting to become a fish breeder, I would not try in a community tank.

I would start with single species tanks with live bearers like guppies, platys or swordfish. Once I had basic genetics down and could breed for about any improvement I desire, I would then switch to easy egglayers such as convict cichlids or zebra fish.

Then I would try an air breather like gouramis or bettas. It is hard to get them past the 2nd week after hatching.

Some tetras and some barbs are easy to breed.

Now as to your loach. Don't use those species you mentioned. You won't see most of them in the community tank, they (except for the Clown) will hide all day and only come out at night and larger angels might think that you have given them a nice dinner of worms.

Look at the Reticulated Hillstream Loach. Not as shy as many of the loaches, and quite a looker. It does like heavy water flow just like the other loaches, but you can often find the stream like flow that is still comfortable for other tank mates.

Clowns will hide some, but not like the other loaches you mentioned. Clown loaches will pull on threadfins like on the angels. Clowns grow quiet long and are heavy bodied. You'll need extra space in your upgraded aquarium. (Note, I personally know of exceptions to the threadfin pulling behavior, I am speaking of the majority of clown loaches. Individuals may vary in behavior)

Now, that I stated that, remember that if you do go with a thin body loach such as the kuhlie loach or dojo, it does not have quite the bioload of a heavy body fish. I would estimate 4 per 2.5 gallons in comparison to a single 2.5 inch heavy body fish for the same 2.5 gallons.

A low light level plant? How about a plastic one? No? Okay, for angel fish I would use something where the leaves are just big enough for them to lay eggs on, such as Anubias barteri v. Nana.

Oh, dojo and kuhlie loaches are highly social. I would not go with less than 6..

im upgrading in about 6 months to a year to 50= gallons so pleco will be alright

Last edited:
ok i thinking 3 bloon mollys maybe 2 regulars 2
4-6 platys
6-8 guppys
1 pleco
6-8 corys
and 2-3 clown i can resale when there to big or is there a better out most the time 1
and a dwarf gouramie my storee had some that were still relly yong :)
any other suggestions

ok what are some low light plants that dont need co2 or any of that stuf
a floting
a carpet
and center pese plant

ok i thinking 3 bloon mollys maybe 2 regulars 2
4-6 platys
6-8 guppys
1 pleco
6-8 corys
and 2-3 clown i can resale when there to big or is there a better out most the time 1
and a dwarf gouramie my storee had some that were still relly yong :)
any other suggestions

What type of Pleco? Balloon mollies are very unhealthy and don't live long. Please don't get clown loaches unless you have the required space- I thought you didn't have a fish store within a hundred miles, who would take them?

Friend sells clowns for a lot when there 5-6 inches or put them in a pond

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And no salt
Mom loves the ballon mollys becuz they look like goldfish to her

Might cross that of and get something else
Suggestion s please

So a few clowns might be okay for a bit but I'm warming you now those balloon mollies will have a lot of issues

What could I get instead of clowns or bloom mollys

And what is a low light carpet plant and a center piece Plant d and 1 floating

Back
Top Bottom