Questions about my Oranda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone I have a couple questions about my oranda and his tank.

1. He is gulping a lot more than usual. How come? (Btw my tank has cycled and my parameters are perfect)

2. My tank is way too hot (currently around 27 degrees (80 degrees farenheit). I’ve changed the water and added lots of cold but it’s just heated up again. I’ve also floating ice packs and put in ice cubes but it hasn’t really done anything. How can I cool it down?

3. My plants in my tank (such as wisteria and purple waffle) and they are not growing and have heaps of algae on them. I tied a rubber band around the bottom of the]plants to a rock to anchor them (there’s a pic below).

Solutions are very much appreciated!!

IMG_0001.jpgView attachment 1

Blowing a good size fan on the tank might work or buying a chiller. If this is going to be an ongoing problem it might be worth buying a chiller.

It looks like you have airstones in your tank. Turn them up some more. The higher the temperature the less oxygen. He's definitely stressed at that temperature.

Blowing a good size fan on the tank might work or buying a chiller. If this is going to be an ongoing problem it might be worth buying a chiller.

It looks like you have airstones in your tank. Turn them up some more. The higher the temperature the less oxygen. He's definitely stressed at that temperature.

Thanks, managed to get the temp down to 23 and he seems a lot happier [emoji4] Do u have any ideas regarding my plant situation?

Back
Top Bottom