Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud29
Let's refrain from making any more religious comments or references. I can't seem to find the set of rules at the moment so I can't quote it exactly but religion is a touchy subject with some people and so we want to refrain from making references to it on the forum.
It says that it has to relate to the subject of this forum. Which is fish, and that's what we're keeping it in the context of. I asked a mod about this recently and he told me that topics such as fish going to heaven are ok because it relates to fish.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm not judgmental toward anyone's beliefs I just think if you believe then that's ok and what it comes down to is person preference. No one can tell you what to tell/teach your children they can just give tips

Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
Alright. I know nobody is here to offend. Just when we got into the beliefs of different groups I myself thought it was crossing a line. If you asked a mod and the moderator said it was OK obviously the mod has more power than me.

My reasoning was that on one thread I saw, a moderator said early on that if religion was brought into the discussion the thread would be immediately shut down. But, for some people (including myself) religion was part of their viewpoint on the subject. This brought me to believe that religion was just a big no-no on this site.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #24
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Nope... Religion can be discussed on the topic of fish (ie, fish going to heaven, etc). Religion cannot be discussed on topics like the world ending in 2012. Now... back on topic...

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516
Nope... Religion can be discussed on the topic of fish (ie, fish going to heaven, etc). Religion cannot be discussed on topics like the world ending in 2012. Now... back on topic...
But that's what we're talking about
Old 08-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
Thank you for the clarification.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:12 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

This has been enlightening. I definitely agree about giving kids their due.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyAnglerFishKeeper
The angels took the fish? Sorry, but IMHO ( and no offense ) that's horrible advice. I don't know of any religion that teaches that animals go to heaven. As for the question, tell them the truth. The earlier they understand how the world (and life) works, the better. I think kids can handle it alot better than we think they can. So yeah, I have to agree with Sushi on that one...
That's your opinion. it's not horrible advice, I believe that everything will go to heaven. As a matter of fact I think that is good advice.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefdiver View Post
This may sound ignorante but you have to give kids more credit. You will be surprise what they understand. If they dont learn it from you they will from someone else.
Today's kids, even very young ones, get input from so many venues, i.e., their parents, internet, school, etc., I think your point is a very valid one.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com