Questions about treating for ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well before I found out it had ich I planned on taking it back because it doesn't get along at all with my other fish.. it chases them around, trys to eat my shrimp, etc.

Did you make sure they'll take it back?

I would just treat the tank just in case there's any parasites lingering around. Also, I would be very careful with adding salt since you have live plants. I wouldn't even add salt period but that is just me.

Okay, I may be just paranoied.. now I look at it and it looks okay, but its like theyres a white fuzz on it, and it didn't look like that before. Anyways, it has to go back for one reason alone for sure, it doesn't get along with anyone. And I'm going to "heat-treat" my tank just in case (what can it hurt?)

So I'm aiming for 87°F and I should keep it there for how long? Maybe a week? 2 weeks?

00youknowit00 said:
Okay, I may be just paranoied.. now I look at it and it looks okay, but its like theyres a white fuzz on it, and it didn't look like that before. Anyways, it has to go back for one reason alone for sure, it doesn't get along with anyone. And I'm going to "heat-treat" my tank just in case (what can it hurt?)

So I'm aiming for 87°F and I should keep it there for how long? Maybe a week? 2 weeks?

I'm not positive but if it's a white fuzz it could be body fungus or something else and I don't think the heat salt will work for it... Can u post pics?

I cant get a good pic, the "infected" fish is going back, with a caution to my LFS.

Can heat hurt anything to be on the safeside?

00youknowit00 said:
I cant get a good pic, the "infected" fish is going back, with a caution to my LFS.

Can heat hurt anything to be on the safeside?

I would be careful with heat. Make sure u have a bubble wand or something and very very slowly move it up... Some fish can't handle high temps. Heat can be dangerous IMO if it is not done right...

Back
Top Bottom