QUICK ANSWER NEEDED goldfish and frogs???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, my experience with ADF's leads me to believe that they may not be very compatible. First, ADF's prefer warmer temps (about 77-78 degrees), while the goldfish wants cooler temps. More importantly though, the frogs can be stressed out very easily with heavily active fish such as a goldfish. At 1", the frog is pretty much full grown, whereas the 3" goldfish is just a "youngin"; Goldfish are constantly searching for food, and are not very discriminate with what they put into their mouths for a taste test. With the frog's legs' being so fragile and delicate, the goldfish might cripple the little frog with one of its "taste tests". Things may be all right now with the goldfish being so small, but as it grows older (and way bigger), the danger increases significantly for the frog. I am assuming that the goldfish is a "Comet". :) I am a beginner aquarist, so hopefully someone with more experience can help you out further... :)

Back
Top Bottom