Quick But urgent question :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m0stUniQue

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been cycling my aquarium and thought it was cycled no nitrite no ammonia and nitrate and then i added 1 gold gourami 3 inches and 2 dime sized angelfish i had had cycled with 2 white tip tetras and 3 neon tetras had no where to keep them after i took down my 10 gallon so i was doing constant water changes keeping levels safe. Now after adding fish i have ammonia .25-.5 and was doing more water changes keeping it under control but it hangs there. Now i have less ammonia .25-.4 and nitrite .25 maybe a touch higher. And my question is how long till the cycle completes now that i have nitrites and like less than 5ppm of nitrate.
Thanks long question but you guys are the best at advice
Troy

I don't think the tank was cycled if there was no nitrates unless it was very well-planted...it could take from another day or two to another month or two, I'm not the cycling expert so...

My mistake i meant no nitrite there was always a small precense of nitrate due to my cleaning habits :D never got higher than 10 ppm im hoping a couple of days but who knows
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom