Quick question about Aqueon water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jetajockey

come get me tang police!
Just had a quick question for anyone using an aqueon brand water changer. Can you attach a regular water hose directly up to the flow valve, rather than their hose? I think it can be done, I just wanted to know if anyone was sure before I get one.

Thanks.

The barbed hose attachment unscrews and reveals a set of threads I believe are standard hose size, but I have not personally tried it. I will go here in just a minute and see if it fits.

The threads on mine are just barely too small for a regular hose to fit. I am not sure if another type could be used, but the garden hose variety attachment does not work :(

I have the Lee's brand from walmart... I hook the pressure fitting barb thing up to a water hose every time I do a water change... since I don't use the faucet adapter thing, and the gravel vac tube makes the water much less forceful coming in to the tank. I just have a water hose valve ($2 at walmart) hooked to the water hose, then the barb thing, then a short piece of 1/2" tubing and a gravel vac tube. Not sure if that's kind of the configuration you were looking in to or not.

Well what happened was my python piece that attaches to the faucet broke, so I am looking to replace it but I don't want to buy an entire unit with the hose and everything. I do need it to venturi drain, though.

I have a 25ft aqueon water changer I was going to return to amazon. I tried to use it once but my faucet were personally customized for my parents.

I could sell it to you if you like.

Back
Top Bottom