Quick questions bout barbs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manbot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have a quick question I have 8 spotted barbs- or at least that's what I was told as they are growing their stomach is turning from yellow to red- now their starting to look like fan tails- can it b possible??

They are yellow with red fines and have a black dot on their tail -however on the larger ones they are starting to get a red shine on their belly- what could it be?

They are yellow with red fines and have a black dot on their tail -however on the larger ones they are starting to get a red shine on their belly- what could it be?

Can you post a pic so we can help identify?

Best pic I cld get their real fast- any ideas?

Attachments

• image-3435504244.jpg
    image-3435504244.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 94
Yea they do look similar - it's funny I just bought two grown rosy barbs now I got 8 more growing lol

Good to hear you added some more Rosy Barbs.

Unfortunately, one of my two Neon Rosy Barbs died a few days ago:(. Had it for about a week. I have a feeling it was just bad stock. It was never quite as active as his companion. Been closely eyeing the others Barbs, all are fine, acting their usual obnoxious selves .... Barbs:rolleyes: His Rosy companion's fitting nicely.

What's the best way to c if I got males or females?

Manbot said:
What's the best way to c if I got males or females?

Very difficult with some barbs. I'm not sure if my neon rosy is m or f. Generally the male Barbs are the more colorful.

Back
Top Bottom