Quick Questions. PLEASE REPLY!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No clue what dolomite powder is. As long as the ph is ok for invert s and regular community fish it is fine.

with water changes, I treat it like a fertilizer. You may have some trouble sourcing real dolomite powder, seems like most hardware and garden stores have dolomite lime aka quicklime, which is caustic and should not be used.

I order mine from a pottery supply company.

Alternatively you could use a GH/KH booster, or figure out how much CC/aragonite etc to use.

with water changes, I treat it like a fertilizer. You may have some trouble sourcing real dolomite powder, seems like most hardware and garden stores have dolomite lime aka quicklime, which is caustic and should not be used.

I order mine from a pottery supply company.

Alternatively you could use a GH/KH booster, or figure out how much CC/aragonite etc to use.
I need something easier lol Something I can get locally. Any suggestions?

I need something easier lol Something I can get locally. Any suggestions?

Crushed coral, most pet/fish stores in the salt water section. You'll only need a few pinches (unfortunately they only sell it in large bags lol), put some in a media mesh bag or new nylong stocking and put it into your filter.

Definitely get yourself a test kit.

How long has this tank been up and running and which species are you bringing TO the store?

Definitely get yourself a test kit.

How long has this tank been up and running and which species are you bringing TO the store?
It has been running since january. I didnt bring any to the store actually. They will be given away.

The only prep I do with plants is sterilizing them. If they aren't sensitive, I do a modest bleach/KMn04 dip and then soak them in dechlorinated water for a bit before planting them in their tank.

Don't bleach dip sensitive plants though. That's where your KMn04 comes in. Anacharis in particular will probably melt if you bleach it.

They are guppies, guppy-endler hybrid, and a few platy lookin ones...

Thanks yall! Your advice probably saved my shrimp. My LFS tested my water and found that I had normal kh (or gh cant remember) but the one kind of kh (or gh) that provides calcium was practicaly at zero. I added some agronate (sp?) to my filter and everything looks better already! Although my filter is getting crowded.... lol

Back
Top Bottom