Quick Tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nfeagle5

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok....i Have 4 types of sharks in my tank now
(Albino Rainbow, Red Tailed, 2 White Tailed) and they were being real agressive tword each other. I came up with an idea....i built a wall of rock with random rocks from my lfs in my tiank. It has holes in it so all the fish can swim through. Since its been there i have yet to see any contact between the fish. And besides helping the fish out t looks sweet in my tank

All the fish are doing really well right now....they are all pretty young fish except for the pleco and gold gouramis.....the rest are under 1.5"
With all the rocks/caves/plants they all do well and there is still alot of room for them to swim around and such :wink:

they are all pretty young fish except for the pleco and gold gouramis.....the rest are under 1.5"
As they sexually mature, you will see more conflicts. Territories will be established, some will feel crowded and take it out on weaker tank mates. Putting in rocks was a good idea; however, be prepared to separate some of them if serious problems arise.

Ya. I have my 20g sitting empty right now and i anticipate moving some of them over but bot for a few more months at the soonest

Fishalicious,

Did you hear that Family Guy is showing a new season in Marchor April of 2005?

Yep they are right in the mix.............i had 6 but i gave 4 of them to my cousin when he started his tank...........if they werent a different color you wouldnt notice because they stay in a group

I do not know much about Tiger Barbs but from what I've herd/read they generally do become more agessive towards other fish. The clerk at the local fish store said that more than two in a community tank which is crowded is not a good idea, " they form a gang and will become canabelistic(sp) towards others" I do beleave those where his words. Now i dont have first hand experience but hope that helps, im sure someone can tell u somthing better and more acurate.HTH

Ive never had any problems with my tiger barbs and other fish......it might be because i have 2 mature tiger barbs and they lead around the school.......and since they dont bother anything the rest dont.........maybe thats the reason.......idk

Back
Top Bottom