Quiet filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emclenaghan

Aquarium Advice Regular
The filter that came with my tank is LOUD. It is keeping me up at night from another room.

Is there any such thing as a quiet one? I have a 55gal and currently, a top fin HOB filter.

Google "best aquarium filter" and see the top 5. My current tetra whisper 20 runs so quiet, I have to physically look at the water flow to ensure it is operating... however, I’m switching to aquaclear for better performance... do not know the noise level yet but if you spend time on this site, you will see that aquaclear is the most recommended from the experienced.

The filter that came with my tank is LOUD. It is keeping me up at night from another room.

Is there any such thing as a quiet one? I have a 55gal and currently, a top fin HOB filter.
I have 2 Marineland Magnum Canister filters on 1 of my 55g tanks. It's in my grandsons bedroom. He's 10 and would use any excuse to to stay awake, but those don't give it to him. They work really well and as long as the water level is high enough so that they don't splash into the tank you won't hear a thing.
The price is very reasonable, so 2 of them aren't going to break the bank.

Back
Top Bottom