Quiet power head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I thought power heads were supposed to be quiet? The one I bought is making a buzzing sound that's about as loud as my air pump was. Is there a secret to making them quiet? It's an AquaTop PH-8. Also, will my cardinal tetras, lemon tetras, Celebes rainbows, horseface loach, kribensis, and oto be ok with the current from the power head?

Dont know the gph but majority of every tank ive owned runs a power head. Is it adjustable? Make sure nothing is sucked in it. Not familiar with that model.

Dont know the gph but majority of every tank ive owned runs a power head. Is it adjustable? Make sure nothing is sucked in it. Not familiar with that model.

It seems to have quieted down a little, but it's not adjustable and I just got it today and nothing is stuck in it.

Ya may quiet down...what made you decide to add power head...the detritus

Ya may quiet down...what made you decide to add power head...the detritus

No, my air pump was noisy as f**k and I couldn't take it anymore so I got a powerhead as I was told they are quiet so I bought one and it's powering my sponge filter instead of my air pump.

Do I turn my powerhead off during water changes or can I leave it on with everything else?

Should I turn my filter and heater off too?

I have two power heads and they are very quite. All power heads I owned never had any sound. I mean the ones which are submerged under water.

Back
Top Bottom