Quite the scare!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys! i just feed some shimp pellets for my clown loach, and on their way down, my rainbowfish ate one FULL

Now his mouth is open wider than i've ever seen it, He's breating very deeply, his gils are sticking out.
But he's still swimming about normally.

Ahhh! I paniced for no reason. He just spit it ... AND ATE IT AGAIN!
What a stupid fish. Its not as bad this time.

What can i do to make sure he doesn't eat a dry pellet before it becomes soft? If i soak them first, they fall apart the second they hit the water. I want them to hit the bottom so that my clown can eat them.

Any idea's?

Maybe you can fake out the rainbowfish with some flakes while you literally throw the shrimp pellets into the other end of the tank, so they sink immediately. You could also try tossing the pellets in at night, when the clown is more active than the rainbow.

Good ideas! I'll chop them into smaller pieces.

Oddly enough, My clown loach is the single most active fish in my tank. During the day! He is constantly swimming in the middle range of my tank, and skimming along the glass of the tank. Hes also growing quite nicely, and his colors have gotten more defines (darker orange, darker black) since i've moved him to the 44 gallon (from a 10)

I'll chop up the pieces. All the other fish like the shrimp more than the flakes, so it'd be hard to physc em out.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom