rainbow shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glass catfish are difficult to keep as they have to be kept in groups of 6. They wouldnt be suitable either. Live aquaria.com is a good resource for exploring details about fish characteristics in my opinion. Let us know what your decisions are ,ok.

I can't think of any cats that work well in a 10 gal. I have julii cory cats, which are smaller than a lot of cories reaching a max size of 1.5", but after observing their behaviors and activity levels in a larger tank they don't seem well suited to a tank quite that small. It's also hard to keep them in large enough groups. A lot of people do keep a pair in a 10 gal though. Every cat I can think of is supposed to be kept in groups..so I guess they really don't work great for a 10. The neons and pleco aren't the best fish for a 10 gal either. The neons really need more room for their natural schoaling behavoir, and should be kept in groups of 7 or more. The pleco I would be more concerned about though since a common pleco at it's mature size can require a 100+ gallon tank and they have a massive bio-load (lots of waste). There are some smaller type plecos so you may have one that is OK. If it is a common and you want to keep him, he'll have to be upgraded to a larger tank soon or taken to a lfs. If you want to keep the neons, get 2 more. If it's a common pleco, I think you are stocked/overstocked with him and the neons and shouldn't be adding more fish.

Ya, you might want to take that pleco back too if it's a common... That or start making room for a 300 gallon tank...

Back
Top Bottom