Rainbow Shark Aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whalerghost

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, looking for some help on a aggressive Rainbow Shark. I have a 56 gallon high, and still have my starter fish, danios, white clouds. I have added Bolivian Rams,Cories,and a Bristle Nose Pleco. I have plenty of hiding spots, Pvc pipe, terra cotta pots, drift wood, and some plants. This Rainbow is relentless on my Bristle nose pleco and my Rams. Was wondering if anybody has any ideas on calming this shark down. Maybe i just got and ornery one. lol.
Is there a fish i could add that would put him in his place, and not go after my other fish or am i best to take him back and try another? I have heard that some are just worst than others.

Thanks everyone.

Rainbows are territorial. And since it is the 55 high there isn't much bottom tank territory. Best thing you could do is put lots of objects or plant to restrict his view.

Also my rainbow when he is aggressive he just pushes the other fish he doesn't actually nip so I don't worry about him

Hi everyone, looking for some help on a aggressive Rainbow Shark. I have a 56 gallon high, and still have my starter fish, danios, white clouds. I have added Bolivian Rams,Cories,and a Bristle Nose Pleco. I have plenty of hiding spots, Pvc pipe, terra cotta pots, drift wood, and some plants. This Rainbow is relentless on my Bristle nose pleco and my Rams. Was wondering if anybody has any ideas on calming this shark down. Maybe i just got and ornery one. lol.

Is there a fish i could add that would put him in his place, and not go after my other fish or am i best to take him back and try another? I have heard that some are just worst than others.

Thanks everyone.

I just had to take my red tail shark back, and he was harassing African cichlids if you can believe it. They don't bite really but chase fish to death. I had seven juvenile cichlids stressed to the max from the one shark. Weird thing is he wasn't like that for about a month but he grew a bit and wouldn't stop chasing whatever crossed his site after.

Back
Top Bottom