Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-17-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mattyfelts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,111
Ram?

Hey everyone, would a ram eat platy fry? I have a DG and he does nothing but look cute, and the mother platys dont do anything either, really cant take on any more platy so what do you all think? (20 gallon high btw)
__________________

__________________
Mattyfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Taiken5968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyfelts View Post
Hey everyone, would a ram eat platy fry? I have a DG and he does nothing but look cute, and the mother platys dont do anything either, really cant take on any more platy so what do you all think? (20 gallon high btw)
If it can get them I it's bout it will eat them.
__________________

__________________
Taiken5968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Plecos4596's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 433
If your parameters are good yes but if you really just want a fish that will eat fry you could probably get a convict or some kind of catfish but rams should do the job mine always ate my swordtail babies btw rams are amazing!!!!!
__________________
Plecos4596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mattyfelts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plecos4596 View Post
If your parameters are good yes but if you really just want a fish that will eat fry you could probably get a convict or some kind of catfish but rams should do the job mine always ate my swordtail babies btw rams are amazing!!!!!
sweet sweet, then i guess i got a plan of attack haha! thanks alot
__________________
Mattyfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Plecos4596's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 433
Your welcome those fry will disappear quick!
__________________
Plecos4596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mattyfelts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plecos4596 View Post
Your welcome those fry will disappear quick!
They better, cause this will be my fourth generation, already have a few of the third gens with a betta! Wait would a betta eat these fry (they are just clear except for their eyes) because they were just born about 3 days ago?
__________________
60G Freshwater || 10G Reef
Instagram: MATTYFELTS
Mattyfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Plecos4596's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 433
Pretty much any fish that they can fit in their mouth they will eat and if they don't eat them immediately that's ok once it gets hungry it'll get me but all fish have that predatory instinct of what fits in their mouth will go in their mouth
__________________
Plecos4596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mattyfelts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plecos4596 View Post
Pretty much any fish that they can fit in their mouth they will eat and if they don't eat them immediately that's ok once it gets hungry it'll get me but all fish have that predatory instinct of what fits in their mouth will go in their mouth
if I skip one feeding could they possibly get them?
__________________

__________________
60G Freshwater || 10G Reef
Instagram: MATTYFELTS
Mattyfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.