Ram Sexing, and Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all! Im pretty sure my ram is a german, but i'd like to make sure! Also, is it a guy or a girl?

German Blue Ram

here's a good article on the ram. i have 2 males and in comparison i would say yours look female. when you get the article they have pics of male and female so you can do your own comparison. good luck.

jpchin said:
German Blue Ram

here's a good article on the ram. i have 2 males and in comparison i would say yours look female. when you get the article they have pics of male and female so you can do your own comparison. good luck.

Thanks!!!

Darn...i named it jerry...i guess i need another name;)

Sweeeet! I like the gbr more then the bolivian, so im happy we got one, because he was the only german in the tank they had. There were about 30 other rams in there and most were either baloon germans, electrics, and a few bolivians. Electrics are the coolest, but twice as expensive!!!

jetajockey said:
Jerica maybe. That is definitely a young one, I don't like calling it till they get a little older and colored up.

Haha! Im still thinking, its tough so far.

Ya,i have found that she looks like a male under certain lighting...maybe ill call him/her The Thing

Back
Top Bottom