Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Could a ram or 2 live in a community tank with live bearers and some tetras? If so where could I buy one and how much would it cost? Thanks :)

Yes
Electric blue rams
German blue rams
Bolivian rams
They can all live with community fish
Electric blues go for around $20
Germans are around $10
Bolivians are around $8?
There are more ram species but I can't think of them.
Hope I helped!

Forgot to mention that they need a good hiding spot that they can claim as their territory.
And I recommend getting a male and a female.
And I also recommend getting them as your last 2 fish.
Good luck!
Happy new year!

Thanks u too! Any idea where I could buy them?

I've seen the electric blues in one of my LFS, and I've seen the Bolivian and German blue rams in a few of my LFS.
Try to visit all the stores around your area and look at the quality of their tanks before you purchase them.
If the tanks look like they are regularly cleaned and all the fish look healthy then that's your store.
If they don't have them then ask if they can do a special order for you. (a lot of small fish stores do)
GOOD LUCK!

Ok thanks! I'm going to hold off for a month or 2. Make sure my tank is all set before I put them in

Ok thanks! I'm going to hold off for a month or 2. Make sure my tank is all set before I put them in

Good idea.
They are sensitive so make sure your water is perfect when you get them and then keep it that way and they should stay healthy.

They really will do better in a well established tank, low ph, 80-84 degrees, planted with lots of nooks a crannies for them to chill/explore. I'd recommend staying away from the electrics at first, they are quite finicky with water needs, Bolivians and Germans would be a good choice, m/f pairs are good but watch out for serious aggression, in a newer tank this stress combined with not perfect water could spell disaster. Enjoy:$ they are sweet feesh!

Except the Molly is just a normal one, not sailfin now

Back
Top Bottom