Rams and PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobgob said:
I could find one... On google but it's not the same... Who knows what that fish is in.

True.

So, im going to have to pay for this fish. Now, my question is, should i spend the extra amount for a bolivian i know is healthy from SM and HN1,

OR

Go to the lfs and pick up their last german blue. They have a lower ph than i do and the ram is a littttle beat up, but he is only 9$ and obviously healthy because he has been there for weeks.

Which one:)?

$9 wow I payed 5.99 for two of mine and 4.99 for my females from a different lfs. The one has "large" German blue rams now for $10 though. Do you have a qt tank? And how beat up? What's he with in that tank? And do all the ranks run to one filter or each individually?

Hobgob said:
$9 wow I payed 5.99 for two of mine and 4.99 for my females from a different lfs. The one has "large" German blue rams now for $10 though. Do you have a qt tank? And how beat up? What's he with in that tank? And do all the ranks run to one filter or each individually?

Ya, 9 is cheap there too!
No i dont have a qt:(, has nipped fins but nothing too major, he is in with various loaches but used to be in with alot of other GBR's, and no, i dont think they all do but they could. I have only seen ich in one of their tanks

Which tank are you planning to put him in?
If you want to try gbr, I would just get the local one and hope for the best. $9 is pretty reasonable (at least where I am).

absolutangel04 said:
Which tank are you planning to put him in?
If you want to try gbr, I would just get the local one and hope for the best. $9 is pretty reasonable (at least where I am).

40 gallon. I would be getting rid of phineas to do so. So :) and :( haha

Ya? I might try the 9$ one if i find out that the filtration isnt universal

So your bro finally agreed?
Good idea to ask about the filtration. :) You can also ask the store if the qt fish. I don't think very many lfs do that (because of space), but a few do. :)

absolutangel04 said:
So your bro finally agreed?
Good idea to ask about the filtration. :) You can also ask the store if the qt fish. I don't think very many lfs do that (because of space), but a few do. :)

Haha well he has sortof agreed:D i pay for driftwood, plants, and fish i want-he sits back and critisizes it all

It is quite the deal lol

They dont QT, but their fish are generally really healthy. Ill find out about the filtration tomorrow. If it is central, i wont buy the ram. But it cant be in one fish has had it for a week and no others are showing signs...right?

I would think that would be fine. If I were you, I would also ask where the ram came from too. See if it was a local or specialized breeder or just a random wholesaler.

absolutangel04 said:
I would think that would be fine. If I were you, I would also ask where the ram came from too. See if it was a local or specialized breeder or just a random wholesaler.

Ill see what i can do (the manager there is a bit anti-social) lol!

sniperfreak said:
well, here's a thread with a pic of mine...he's in an Amazon biotope with tetras, hatchets and cory's, with a steady ph of 7.4, they seem really happy and healthy in my tank, despite the slightly raised ph.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f44/bolivian-ram-186076.html

Woah man, thats a great looking guy!

Same with you QP! i think these pics will able to convince my bro!

Woah man, thats a great looking guy!

Same with you QP! i think these pics will able to convince my bro!
Lol, he has already said no a few times, so I sort pf doubt his mind will suddenly change since he loves Phineas. He even called him a "man fish."
If you do get a ram, remember to keep an eye on the eel though. I don't know if there will be any issues there or not, but it never hurts too keep an eye out. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Lol, he has already said no a few times, so I sort pf doubt his mind will suddenly change since he loves Phineas. He even called him a "man fish."
If you do get a ram, remember to keep an eye on the eel though. I don't know if there will be any issues there or not, but it never hurts too keep an eye out. :)

Ya...haha i know he'll love the ram after we get it, but until then it is almost impossible to make him realize..haha

Ill definitly keep an eye out!

well i thought i'd post a picture of my rams. they are great fish i think. very personable. always at the front of the tank when i come. especially if it's black worm day.:)

Ouch 9 is cheap? I feel like I got a huge bargain on my GBRs

absolutangel04 said:
Yeah, in my area the absolute cheapest ones I have ever seen are $13 for some really tiny juveniles.

Yea..thats a bummer. I but you get better deals on some types of fish though, it always works out that way

Lol, not really. I have a PetCo and 1 good, but expensive locally run place. Thats all thats here.
Anyway, not to get too off-topic. I do think the price you found the gbr at is a decent deal though. Have you inquired anymore about it? Or asked your bro more about rehoming your featherfin?
Is he still on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom