Rams and tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaixion

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! I've just recently set up an Aqua One 150 tank, the dimensions are:
370L (150Wx46Dx69H)
The pH is between 7 -7.5, temp. 25.5C.
So far, the tank has a sand and gravel substrate and I have added some of those baby plants that you grow yourself (hopefully these ones won't die!), I also have an air stone set up for Co2.
As for my current fish, I have a Black Ghost Knife in my 70L which I plan to transfer to the 370L once I'm finished setting it up. I also have a Rainbow Shark in my 70L (about 1.5in) who will also be transferred.
In my 370L, I have a small school of Neon Tetras who will be moved to the 70L once I move the BGK.
These are the fish I'd like to have:
Clown Loaches (5+)
Honey Gouramis (2/3)
Bosemani Rainbow Fish (5+)
Golden Rams
Bolivian Rams
Elecetric Yellow Cichlid
Thoughts? If you could recommend a number of each I'd appreciate it! I'm planning on getting a pair of both rams if anyone has had this? Also I understand not all of these fish will get along so I'd love to hear your opinions and experiences with these fish and maybe even your suggestions of other fish. :)
Thanks in advance guys, I appreciate your help.

In that size tank you can do both a pair of Bolivian Rams and a pair of GBR's. But I suggest waiting till the tank is about 4 or more months mature as GBR's are sensitive to unstable water parameters that new tanks experience and very sensitive to nitrates which need to be kept at 20ppm and no higher.

I also do not believe you can keep the Electric yellow cichlid (lab). I don't keep African cichlids but they have very different water parameters than the rest of your stock.

Thanks Rivercats,
Would it be okay to put the bolivian rams in soon and wait to put the GBR's in? Or will the size difference be a problem if I add them months apart? :)
Thanks again.

Bolivian Rams are hardier so you can add them sooner. If you have a lot of plants, DW, and such you can get away with adding the GBR's later on without too much aggression issues. But the ideal would be to add them all at the same time so neither have an established territory.

Back
Top Bottom