Ramshorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha I love ramshorns! Especially pink and blue ones. Pond snails are way worse IME.

is it really that bad?

I have 3 Ramshorn and I just spotted my fist batch of eggs....doesn't look like to many eggs 15-25....

IME if you don't overfeed, they won't overpopulate. I've had pond snails run me over anyway, but ramshorns seem to be much more reasonable with their reproduction. ;)

Yeah at first I was like "why arnt there any eggs..." but then D:
Lol yeah I think I'll keep them and sell them to the pet store or something for like, 5c lol
Theyre just normal red ones but I know one of my adult ramshorns had this really cool pattern on him :D do you think atleast 1 or 2 will have them?

oh thats awesome! I cant wait to see pics!

from what I have read (someone correct me if I am wrong) the ramshorn can asexually reproduce...and when they do the babies are clones of the parents...so I'd say your chances are pretty good that the babies will look like the adults

The babies should look similar to the adult, yes. To get technical, they aren't asexual but they are hermaphroditic. ;)

Haha they look like little dots on the glass lol after work I will try to get a picture :D
I dont even know what asexual is lol

Ugh 100% not giving them to my pet store D:
I cracked it at them because they had female bettas with goldfish -.-
What did they say...? "Oh it's ok, they're both freshwater"
-.-

Back
Top Bottom