Ramshorn baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afink1

Aquarium Advice Activist
My ramshorn had some babies and now I have 5 Lil ones running around. One of the snails keeps running up to the top of the tank and floating upside down with it's body completely out. Randomly drops itself with body out still and then does it again. Is my lil one playing? It's still eating great and growing fast. IMG_20180409_203427746.jpg

My ramshorn had some babies and now I have 5 Lil ones running around. One of the snails keeps running up to the top of the tank and floating upside down with it's body completely out. Randomly drops itself with body out still and then does it again. Is my lil one playing? It's still eating great and growing fast. View attachment 308334
IMG_20180409_054930511.jpg. Another pic of it

Once in awhile, especially if the water is still enough, tiny thin films of harmless microscopic protozoa acclimate at the surface which the baby snails can graze on. If you look at your last pic, the snail is upside down in order to graze on the water surface. It's actually quite normal and nothing to be alarmed about.

Once in awhile, especially if the water is still enough, tiny thin films of harmless microscopic protozoa acclimate at the surface which the baby snails can graze on. If you look at your last pic, the snail is upside down in order to graze on the water surface. It's actually quite normal and nothing to be alarmed about.
Perfect. Thank you for the info. I was wondering why it loved to do that so much.

Back
Top Bottom