Ran into a little snag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I’m treating for columnaris with furan and kanaplex. On the furan box it says to do a 25% water change after dosing the last dose of furan. Well, I did the first water change yesterday and dosed my last 3 packets of furan and kanaplex. As per the furan directions I’m supposed to do another water change today, but I can’t as both my aunt (who lives with us) is off work and my cousin is visiting and I will be inconveniencing them by using the bathroom to hook up my python. The bathroom is the only place I can hook it up. I can’t do a water change tomorrow either as my aunt will be home again. Will I be ok to go a water change on Thursday?

Can you not manage to decant some water into a barrel or canister so you can get some of the water at least ??

Can you not manage to decant some water into a barrel or canister so you can get some of the water at least ??

All I can do is use a cup and to scoop water out and pour it into a 1 gallon pitcher 5 times and empty the water out each time I fill it up. But that will take me forever.

Instead of using the sink for the python use it manually, get a clean bucket or big pot say 4 quarts, start the syphon on the python by putting it in the water turning tube upside down letting it fill with water, lift halfway out of the tank (upside down still) so it starts going down the tube, swiftly put the tube back In the water and turn tube downwards, what size tank is this?

I use a 10 litre bucket and my Syphon and just take 20 litres out then top it up that's my 10% change. Only trying to give you a suggestion as you really ideally need to get some fresh water into your tank
All I can do is use a cup and to scoop water out and pour it into a 1 gallon pitcher 5 times and empty the water out each time I fill it up. But that will take me forever.

I use a 10 litre bucket and my Syphon and just take 20 litres out then top it up that's my 10% change. Only trying to give you a suggestion as you really ideally need to get some fresh water into your tank
I would inconvenience people cuz my tank is more important of somebody having to take a bathroom break lol, as it doesn't tank long for me to do a water change and I do it manually

I would inconvenience people cuz my tank is more important of somebody having to take a bathroom break lol, as it doesn't tank long for me to do a water change and I do it manually
Hey I'm the same I have a 5 gallon drum I Syphon my tank into and 2 ,2 gallon buckets aswell for adding water back all manual it's fine for me. Couldn't afford the python

They left the house so I’m doing it now. Thanks guys.

Don't be scared to hinder people these fish rely on you to help them and for the time it takes to do a water change isn't very long. I take roughly 15 mins as I have to have my water at the correct temp.
They left the house so I’m doing it now. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom