Random: Black Moors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoonCat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there,
I have a random question and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have two black moors and I've had them about 6 months now. One of them has started to turn to orange from black and is now almost completely orange. The other one is still black. They both seem healthy-eat a lot, swim around, be fishy.
Is it normal for a fish to lose its color? I'm sure it has lost its blackness forever but this has never happened to me before! How strange!:infinity:

Yea some goldfish no matter what color seem to turn gold after a while, I wouldn't worry about it as long as it be eating and healthy...

That's just what golds do ... There is usually a major color change between juvies & adults, and another (color fading) when the fish hit old age.

Not sure if this is common in Moors though, but I have had it happen to some fancies and commons.

I think I remember JSoong (resident goldie expert) telling someone that most moors do turn from black to orange as they age.

Oh man. I have a black moor, and have done extensive research on this. Apparently, they turn a brassy orange/gold color when exposed to some amount of warm water, and they seem to turn this color, or an ashy grey as they begin to age. My little Mai has a brass colored belly that flashes when she's swimming. I love it. She's beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom