randomly cracking tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hc8719

Aquarium Advice Addict
had a close call yesterday

i was brushing my teeth, getting ready for an job interview when i heard this "SNAP"

a 10gal tank on my dresser, where my clawed frog lived, just cracked down the middle, despite it had been set up for several months.

luckily i could see the crack through some sparse gravel and immeaditly started pythoning the water from the tank to my tub (if i had lifted it, the crack woulda completely split the tank in 2.

luckily i only got like 2 gallons on the dresser and carpet, had to reschedule the job interview though. ohh the clawed frog made it too, brought him to the 20g downstairs, which i had just taken my sick black ghost knife out of.

like i said, it just cracked, no reason, does anyone know what petsmarts policy is on this, ive heard they guarantee their stuff for life, but i'd just feel like an idiot asking if they'd replace a tnak i bought in april

if i bought a tank from petsmart in apr, and it cracked in sept(for no apparent reason), i wouldnt even call. id take it back with the receipt and get a new one. i wouldnt care if they thought i was an idiot or not.

They probably won't even put up a fight. Worst they can do is say no.

Manager told me a story about some lady feeding her dogs nearly the entire bag of dog food over the length of a month. She returned what was left (like 2 cup out of 45lbs) and said her dogs didn't like it. They gave her a refund.....I couldn't believe it.

Tried to find info on their site but the fish section has been removed. Wonder why?

if you used a petsmart card, it should be on record, but with no receipt, i dunno.

Just typed that in a thread of mine. I think someone seriously screwed up and deleted the fish tab. It's folder #93 (if you scroll across the tabs and look at the address line you'll see it jumps from 90, to 91, to 92, to 94? ). This better not be some way to prevent PM to their website which I habitually find is 20-80% cheaper than in-store.

7Enigma said:
This better not be some way to prevent PM to their website which I habitually find is 20-80% cheaper than in-store.

That's what bugged me about it! I always print off some kind of price for something off the site and they price match it. Do the same for cat toys too.

Did you have a chance to try and return it yet?

Petsmart's fish section is back up.

I bought the Top Fin 29Gal. from Petsmart this past Sunday and at 430 AM Monday I was up to my ankles in water. I returned mine for a refund and took the money to Wal-Mart to pick up an Regent/Aqua-tech 29Gal for $15 less. The filter was not as nice but other than that a great deal.

I got my 29g at Petsmart, even the TopFin isn't all that great a filter. I'd suggest picking up an AquaClear HOB, I have two of them, two different sizes (on two different tanks) and just love them.

Back
Top Bottom