Rare rainbowfish owners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I REEEEEALLY want some Chilatherina alleni (Allen's Rainbowfish) but I haven't been able to get my hands on any yet.

Did that really come across strongly enough? I can always add more eeeeeealllllys, lol!

Also, side note: I saw one lonely adult Bleheri at The Wet Spot in Portland if anyone in the area is looking for one. I don't want to just get one since I don't have a harem going, but if anyone is looking to add to theirs, I saw one today that seemed nice and healthy.

Alleni are my favorite too!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

If me the rainbowfish enthusiast shows up without them they must be pretty rare lol.

Dang. If they're rare I'll never get them in Maine. I want an australian rainbowfish (or any medium/small schooling fish) to round out the contintental diversity in my aquariums lol

Dang. If they're rare I'll never get them in Maine. I want an australian rainbowfish (or any medium/small schooling fish) to round out the contintental diversity in my aquariums lol

A commonly found rainbow is just the 'Australian rainbow'. A few species are sold by this name but they all come from Australia.

Examples:
Melanotaenia Australis
Melanotaenia Splendida Australis
Melanotaenia Splendida Inornata

Back
Top Bottom